Welcome to the Syncplicity Reseller Program
Starting in April 2013 EMC Business Partners are eligible to quote and book Syncplicity orders using existing EMC systems. Partnering with Syncplicity means that you have more industry-leading technologies to add to your portfolio.
Syncplicity is an easy to use, secure file sync, sharing and collaboration solution for enterprises.
- A consumer-grade user experience that gives users seamless access to all their files with no extra steps.
- Strong IT controls and admin features that allow them to secure corporate data by being as restrictive or permissive as they want.
- Flexibility and control over the storage layer so organizations can meet or exceed requirements for compliance or data residency.
What is your role as a Syncplicity Reseller?
Your role as a reseller includes:
- Order Fulfillment: If you are a distribution partner EMC or other EMC partners can work with you to fulfill customer orders.
- Prospecting and Sales: You can find and sell to customers and initiate a free trial for your prospects.
- Creating Customer Accounts: You can initiate new orders through EMC's Channel Express or through your existing method of quoting and booking opportunities for EMC.
- Deployment Support: Some resellers provide deployment support, such as onsite or webinar training, initial data synchronization, data migration or other roll-out services. If the customer has outsourced the IT function to you, our unique remote administration console gives you the tools you need to provide ongoing administration of Syncplicity remotely.
- Maintaining the Customer Billing Relationship: You will handle all aspects of billing and collection with your customer. Syncplicity’s billing relationship is only with you as our reseller.
How do you become a Syncplicity Reseller?
You can become a Syncplicity reseller in just a few easy steps:
- First, you need to be an EMC Partner. If you are not already an EMC partner you can register here to become an EMC partner.
- Register a potential opportunity the way your normally do with EMC, or contact your EMC Partner/Channel Account Manager.
- Review and sign the Syncplicity Reseller agreement (we will send it to you) that is an addendum to your existing EMC partner agreement.
- Gain access to your Syncplicity Enterprise Edition Reseller Console and demo account, which gives you the ability to create and manage trial accounts for your customers and prospects.
If you were a Syncplicity Reseller prior to April 2013 and not an EMC partner, can you still sell Syncplicity?
Yes, you can continue to sell Syncplicity Business Edition. Your existing Syncplicity Reseller Console will still allow you to create Business Edition trials and purchase accounts on behalf of your customers via credit card. However, if you want to sell Syncplicity Enterprise Edition you will need to apply to become an EMC partner first.