All the storage news that’s clogged our pipes, flushed onto the page
Read original article here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/14/storage_roundup/
By Chris Mellor, The Register
Here’s a bunch of storage news that shows just how keen our multi-faceted storage world is to fill up our inboxes.
Cisco Live and the Microsoft Partners’ Conference have generated a few announcements while the others are independent of these events:
- Acronis has a Backup Cloud Extension for Microsoft Azure and Azure Stack. Redmond Cloud Services Providers (CSPs) can provision and manage a range of hybrid cloud backup services across physical and virtual environments with them.
- Managed service provider ATOS is partnering with Syncplicity to offer secure, policy-driven file sync and share. Siemens uses this partnership to serve 330,000 users from 150+ countries, with 3PB of data in four global data centres, we're told.
- Commvault has crafted a reference architecture with Cisco for an easy-to-buy validated alternative for data protection and recovery using Commvault software and UCS servers. CommVault is also supporting Cisco’s HyperFlex product.
- Dropbox has reached 200,000 business customers.
- End-point backup and cloud-based backup biz Druva has had 100 per cent growth in its subscription business in its fiscal 2016, ending March 31, the sixth year of triple digit growth.
- A FalconStor cloud connector enables FreeStor users to migrate, protect and recover data in the cloud, such as AWS and Azure, without being tied to specific hardware, networks or protocols. It enables "cloud hopping" should the need arise to change cloud or MSP vendors. FreeStor can be used by MSPs to offer DRaaS (disaster recovery as a service).
- Qubole is partnering with WANdisco to offer a Cloudera Migration Program. Cloudera on-premises customers can migrate their data and analytics to the cloud using WANdisco replication.
- StorPool has updated its software to offer block storage technology to public and private clouds, native CloudStack integration, lower CPU usage, up to 30 per cent more IOPS, increasing data capacity savings by up to 15 per cent and increasing scalability past 1PB. There can be to 20,000 volumes and snapshots per cluster.
- Tegile has an IntelliStack integration with Cisco’s UCS Director. IntelliStack components include compute, network, virtualisation and storage plus public clouds such as Amazon and Azure. ®