Driving the Digital Workplace – Syncplicity Announces New Microsoft Office and Azure Integrations
Read original article here: http://www.backupreview.info/2016/07/06/driving-the-digital-workplace-–-syncplicity-announces-new-microsoft-office-and-azure-integrations/
SANTA CLARA, CA – July 6, 2016 – /BackupReview.info/ — Syncplicity by Axway, the global leader of the hybrid enterprise file sync and share market, today announced a set of new features for a seamless collaboration experience across Syncplicity by Axway and Microsoft Office. Syncplicity by Axway’s new features give users easy, secure access to the applications they use every day. In addition, global support of Microsoft Azure cloud storage gives IT another option for storage choice for hybrid or all cloud solutions.
By seamlessly working with and integrating into Microsoft Office 365, Syncplicity by Axway’s new features enable cross-enterprise communication and collaboration, maximizing a customer’s Microsoft investments while driving engagement between business applications and enhancing the enterprise user experience.
New features include:
- Syncplicity by Axway for Microsoft Office Online: A superb user experience for online Office users. With the new integration, users have the choice to use Microsoft Office Online to view and edit documents directly from the Syncplicity by Axway online file browser.
- Seamless Editing for Office Applications on Android: Mobile users have the option to create and edit documents from Office apps on their Android device and then seamlessly save them straight back to Syncplicity by Axway.
- Syncplicity by Axway App Tab in-use file notifications: Users are notified in real-time, when collaborators view, edit and save a working file, and are given the option to switch to their colleagues’ version of the document, or save their own edits as a separate copy.
- Multi-Folder Sharing with Security Controls: Users can share any sub-folder, at any level, with a user or a team without sharing the entire folder, restructuring folders or duplicating data. Security policies give IT control over sharing and re-share rights for files and folders.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Storage Support: Customers that have invested in Microsoft’s Azure cloud platform can choose to locate Syncplicity by Axway StorageVaults on Azure cloud storage.
“Syncplicity by Axway is a recognized leader in driving digital transformation globally,” says Jon Huberman, CEO of Syncplicity by Axway. “Our relationship with Microsoft further enhances our digital transformation solutions by tightly integrating with Microsoft’s ubiquitous business applications and cloud storage.”
“Syncplicity by Axway plus Microsoft just makes sense when it comes to the digital transformation of business to enable mobile workforce productivity. Microsoft Office has been the dominant player in the office productivity application space for as long as anyone can remember, and it looks like that will continue for the foreseeable future,” says Terri McClure, senior analyst at ESG. “Microsoft is working with partners like Syncplicity by Axway to ensure their joint customers —and their employees—are able to access and utilize productivity applications anytime, anywhere, and on any device. Syncplicity by Axway provides a secure enterprise file sync and share solution that works seamlessly across devices and Microsoft applications, which enables organizations to increase user satisfaction, productivity and collaboration, while not giving up IT control of security and data residency.”
Syncplicity by Axway is the leading hybrid enterprise file sync and share and mobile collaboration solution that provides users with the experience and tools they desire and gives IT the security and control it needs, while significantly reducing IT cost. Some of its customers include Siemens AG, Texas A&M University, EMC Corporation, State of Indiana, the Associated Press and the Boston Red Sox.
Assistant Account Executive
EMC, Enterprise Content Division