May 14, 2013
Active Directory Integration Simplifies Syncplicity by Axway Administration
Syncplicity by Axway joins forces with the industry’s top two federated identity solutions: OneLogin and Ping Identity’s PingFederate to make it easier than ever to bring a secure, easy-to-use file sync and sharing solution to the enterprise. These integrations enable real-time, automated provisioning and de-provisioning of Syncplicity by Axway accounts based on centralized Active Directory changes.
Federated Identity Management with Syncplicity by Axway
Maintaining the security and trustworthiness of user accounts across an increasing number of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications quickly becomes a headache. Administrators must onboard and off board users across many applications with different consoles and management tools. Federated Identity Management solutions provide a secure infrastructure to do this easily.
- OneLogin provides secure identity management, single sign-on and automated user provisioning solutions for organizations of all sizes via a cloud-based offering.
- Ping Identity’s PingFederate delivers single sign-on and identity management via a behind the firewall, on-premise application.
With strong relationships with leading enterprise solution providers, Syncplicity by Axway delivers unmatched flexibility and control to the enterprise for online file sync and sharing.
Easy Set Up for Cloud-based File Sharing
It’s easy to set up a new or existing Syncplicity by Axway account to be integrated with either OneLogin or PingFederate, depending on whether you need a cloud-based or on-premise identity management solution.
- Set up your Syncplicity by Axway Enterprise Edition account.
- Set up your OneLogin or Ping Identity account.
- Login to OneLogin or Ping Identity Add Syncplicity by Axway to your
- Set policies such as remote wipe, delete and deactivate settings in Syncplicity by Axway.
- Map Active Directory groups that will be automatically provisioned with Syncplicity by Axway accounts, as needed.
- Roll-out Syncplicity by Axway to your enterprise.
- Automatically provision accounts in real-time in Syncplicity by Axway when users are added to specified security groups or organization units (OUs) within your Active Directory tree.
- Automatically, de-provision accounts in real-time in Syncplicity by Axway when users are disabled or deleted in Active Directory or moved out of your defined provisioning context.
Streamlined Account Administration and Security
With the OneLogin or PingFederate integration, changes to Active Directory accounts are automatically applied to Syncplicity by Axway accounts in real time without duplication of effort.
comments powered by
- Provision Syncplicity by Axway accounts to thousands or tens of thousands of users already managed in Active Directory.
- Provide instant access to Syncplicity by Axway when a new user is created in Active Directory.
- Revoke access to Syncplicity by Axway immediately when a user’s account is deactivated or deleted in Active Directory.
- Provision Syncplicity by Axway to specific groups like marketing or engineering directly from Active Directory.
- Roll out Syncplicity by Axway progressively to groups or organization units defined in Active Directory.
- Mapping Syncplicity by Axway account provisioning to Active Directory groups makes it easier to manage licensing and resources.
- Remote wipe automatically when an account is deleted in Active Directory, permanently removing files from all connected devices.