May 14, 2013
Active Directory Integration Simplifies Syncplicity by Axway Administration
Syncplicity by Axway joins forces with the industry’s top two federated identity solutions: OneLogin and Ping Identity’s PingFederate to make it easier than ever to bring a secure, easy-to-use file sync and sharing solution to the enterprise. These integrations enable real-time, automated provisioning and de-provisioning of Syncplicity by Axway accounts based on centralized Active Directory changes.
Federated Identity Management with Syncplicity by Axway
Maintaining the security and trustworthiness of user accounts across an increasing number of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications quickly becomes a headache. Administrators must onboard and off board users across many applications with different consoles and management tools. Federated Identity Management solutions provide a secure infrastructure to do this easily.
- OneLogin provides secure identity management, single sign-on and automated user provisioning solutions for organizations of all sizes via a cloud-based offering.
- Ping Identity’s PingFederate delivers single sign-on and identity management via a behind the firewall, on-premise application.
With strong relationships with leading enterprise solution providers, Syncplicity by Axway delivers unmatched flexibility and control to the enterprise for online file sync and sharing.
Easy Set Up for Cloud-based File Sharing
It’s easy to set up a new or existing Syncplicity by Axway account to be integrated with either OneLogin or PingFederate, depending on whether you need a cloud-based or on-premise identity management solution.
- Set up your Syncplicity by Axway Enterprise Edition account.
- Set up your OneLogin or Ping Identity account.
- Login to OneLogin or Ping Identity Add Syncplicity by Axway to your
- Set policies such as remote wipe, delete and deactivate settings in Syncplicity by Axway.
- Map Active Directory groups that will be automatically provisioned with Syncplicity by Axway accounts, as needed.
- Roll-out Syncplicity by Axway to your enterprise.
- Automatically provision accounts in real-time in Syncplicity by Axway when users are added to specified security groups or organization units (OUs) within your Active Directory tree.
- Automatically, de-provision accounts in real-time in Syncplicity by Axway when users are disabled or deleted in Active Directory or moved out of your defined provisioning context.
Streamlined Account Administration and Security
With the OneLogin or PingFederate integration, changes to Active Directory accounts are automatically applied to Syncplicity by Axway accounts in real time without duplication of effort.
- Provision Syncplicity by Axway accounts to thousands or tens of thousands of users already managed in Active Directory.
- Provide instant access to Syncplicity by Axway when a new user is created in Active Directory.
- Revoke access to Syncplicity by Axway immediately when a user’s account is deactivated or deleted in Active Directory.
- Provision Syncplicity by Axway to specific groups like marketing or engineering directly from Active Directory.
- Roll out Syncplicity by Axway progressively to groups or organization units defined in Active Directory.
- Mapping Syncplicity by Axway account provisioning to Active Directory groups makes it easier to manage licensing and resources.
- Remote wipe automatically when an account is deleted in Active Directory, permanently removing files from all connected devices.
May 7, 2013
Happy Birthday Syncplicity by Axway!
wOK, it’s not actually our birthday. But EMC World 2013 is the first anniversary of Syncplicity by Axway’s acquisition by EMC. A year ago this week a team from Syncplicity by Axway was on a plane to Vegas enroute to their indoctrination into the EMC family, live on stage with IIG President, Rick Devenuti.
It was a whirlwind day, and it hasn’t let up since! But as we forge ahead into 2013 and beyond, it’s fitting to take a moment and reflect on what a difference a year makes!
A Year of Accelerated Innovation
Early on, critics said innovation would be slow. On the contrary, EMC Syncplicity by Axway is introducing new features to customers every 4 weeks. Here are just a few highlights:
September: Enhanced Enterprise Grade IT Control with Data Retention Policies, Mobile SSO for iOS, and centralized Folder and Device Management
October: Industry’s First Mobile Push Sync for iOS
November: Syncplicity by Axway Connector for Documentum Beta
December: Industry’s First Mobile Push Sync for Android, and Mobile SSO for Android
January: Storage Choice and Control with EMC Isilon and EMC Atmos Storage Beta, and new User, File, Folder, and Device Audit and Usage Reports
February: New Windows 8 Phone and Tablet Apps
March: Syncplicity by Axway Enterprise Edition featuring EMC Isilon and EMC Atmos Storage GA, Documentum Connector GA, and Integration into EMC Direct and Channel ordering processes expanding distribution opportunities.
April: New Dynamic Online File Browser and Windows 8 Live Tiles and Semantic Search
Raising the Bar on User Experience
In the tireless pursuit of providing a frictionless experience, we have big plans such as our new Windows 8 Apps.
But we aren’t stopping there. Check out our new Online File Browser. It’s fast. It’s beautiful. And it’s designed for real business use cases. We’ve made it easier for you to share folders with external collaborators and recover files by showing deleted files inline. Bye Bye, trash can!
Latest and Greatest: Hybrid Cloud for Sync and Share
In March we introduced our hybrid cloud, giving customers the ability to choose public cloud or private cloud storage via EMC Isilon and EMC Atmos. This week we announced upcoming support for EMC VNX, giving our customers even more storage choice.
Now, storage is fantastic but what about the content you are storing? After all, not all content is created equal.
We’ve got you covered there too. Enter: EMC Syncplicity by Axway Policy-Driven Hybrid Cloud. EMC Synplicity’s solution will allow IT to set policies for users, groups, and folders that determine where files are stored. And if they want them on premise, they stay on premise. Non-sensitive content could go in the public cloud, while other files remain in a specific data center. Large files like videos and CAD design documents could be replicated globally to optimize performance.
Speaking of providing unprecedented choice, we are excited to announce Syncplicity by Axway’s integration with EMC ViPR. ViPR’s software-defined storage layer will give us a way to deploy features across numerous storage solutions and deployment models more nimbly making it easier for EMC ViPR customers to configure their storage environment without having to reconfigure EMC Syncplicity by Axway.
This has truly been an amazing year and the exciting part is that we are just getting started!
May 1, 2013
A New Cutting-Edge Syncplicity by Axway File Browser Delivers an Even Better User Experience
Syncplicity by Axway unveils a completely new file browser that is fast, secure, responsive, and just plain beautiful.
We’ve made it easier than ever to manage and share your content with anyone, on any device or platform. Syncplicity by Axway takes advantage of the emerging technologies with a completely new platform based on HTML 5, and puts the most common file management tasks at your fingertips.
A Fast, Robust, and Adaptable User Interface
A more elegant design with contextual icons shows you what you can do in any directory with your files and folders. Progress bars and notices confirm your actions to give you real-time reporting on your actions.
Select multiple files to take action: sync, share, and manage your content.
Upload multiple files simultaneously.
Drag and drop files and folders from your desktop to your browser window.
Restore a file or folder with the click of a button.
Beautiful image rendering with hover over thumbnails
Faster upload using HTML5 and graceful degradation to native browsers.
View images in a navigable light box preview window and expand to full screen with one click.
Better Navigation and More Control
People want access to their content anywhere, anytime, on any device, and the new Syncplicity by Axway file browser makes file sync and sharing easy to navigate and control.
Navigate folders using keyboard shortcuts or native browser controls.
Create desktop shortcuts for easy access to your files.
Download or restore a previous version of any file.
Create folders within the file browser that will automatically sync to all your devices.
Don’t take our word for it, log in to your Syncplicity by Axway account and click “files” in the menu to explore.