June 26, 2013
New Syncplicity Secure Shared Links
We are excited to announce the launch of Syncplicity Secure Shared Links for our Business Edition and Enterprise Edition customers. Secure Shared Links enable users to securely send large files from any folder on their Mac or PC with no extra steps—any file in a Syncplicity folder can be sent with a simple right-click of a mouse.
Recipients of the Shared Link can download the file and always get the latest version. And, users no longer need to grapple with email attachment limits or FTP sites for simple file transfer, navigate the intricacies of VPNs, or drag and drop files into designated folders.
- Send a link from any folder. Because Syncplicity allows you to sync any folder, your large files are ready to send. No need to move them to a different folder or service.
- Restrict Recipient Access. You may restrict access to a shared file to only the recipient(s) you specify. This way, if someone forwards a link to an unauthorized recipient, that recipient cannot download the file. Of course, you can still create “public” Shared Links if your organizational policy allows it.
- Require a password to access documents. Require recipients to enter a password to access a Shared Link.
- No need to cut/paste links. In the online file browser you may right-click on a file and enter email addresses of recipients and automatically email the Shared Link. There’s no need to cut and paste the link in an email.
- Download Tracking. Users can view who has downloaded the shared files, how many times they have been downloaded, and when they were last downloaded.
- No File Size Restrictions. No matter whether you use cloud storage or on premise storage, there are no file size limitations.
And Shared Links give IT the control they need to secure company files.
- Set Link Expirations. Set a company-wide policy to automatically expire links after a specified timeframe.
- Require Restricted Access. Set a policy to require users to restrict access to authorized recipients and not allow “public” Shared Links.
- Require Passwords. Ensure that users cannot create a Shared Link without requiring a password.
- Set Password Policies. Set a company-wide policy for password strength.
- Monitor Usage. Audit and track file download activity via Syncplicity’s file, folder, and user reports.
- On Premise Storage. For organizations that want maximum control over file storage, Syncplicity offers on premise storage via EMC Isilon and EMC Atmos so files stay within corporate data centers and devices and don't pass through the Syncplicity cloud.
With the new Shared Links capability, we've dramatically increased the security and convenience of sending large files. Let us know what you think!
The Syncplicity Team
June 26, 2013
“Good” News for IT Administrators: Syncplicity Releases Good Mobile Apps for iOS and Android
Securing your company files on end-user mobile devices has always been a top priority and key area of innovation for Syncplicity, and we are proud of our industry-leading innovations such as on-device encryption, mobile sharing policies, and user- or IT-initiated remote wipe. Today, we are announcing Syncplicity integration with Good Technology, which adds support for Good Dynamics mobile device management (MDM) capabilities for the Syncplicity iOS and Android apps.
That’s it in a nutshell. But let’s take a closer look at why this really is BIG news.
As more and more employees use personal mobile devices for work (BYOD), IT faces two major challenges: secure corporate information without reducing the productivity of mobile workers.
With Syncplicity for Good, enterprise IT administrators can deploy and manage mobile users and their devices from within Good’s Mobile Control, improving management of the BYOD environment. Sensitive corporate data is stored securely on employee devices in a FIPS-compliant (federal information processing standard) container that separates corporate data from an employee’s private information and consumer applications.. Administrators can on and off-board users via Active Directory and configure enterprise mobile policies within the Good Console.
Syncplicity for Good—iOS and Android—enables easy, secure sharing of corporate data while remaining compliant with IT policies.
- Securely access files with any iOS or Android device
- Protect corporate information in transit and at rest with a FIPS-compliant container using AES 256-bit encryption
- Apply granular application data controls without reducing mobile worker productivity
- Support strong password policies for mobile app access without requiring strong password policies to access the device
- Enforce OS and mobile app version requirements
- Detect jail-broken devices upon application launch
- Prevent data leakage from mobile apps
- Enable remote revocation of app access and remote data wipe
- Separate mobile app data from personal data, respecting user privacy
Syncplicity for Good on Android is available today at the Google Play store. Syncplicity for Good on iOS is awaiting Apple approval before it will appear as an option in iTunes, but should be available soon. Stay tuned!
The Syncplicity Team