March 31, 2014 | by Syncplicity by Axway Team
Happy Backup Day…We Have Your Back!!
Today is World Backup Day, which was created to encourage us all to back up our files so we don’t lose them. Its motto is: “Don’t be an April Fool. Be prepared. Back up your files on March 31st.” Really? Do we actually need to tell people how bad it would be if they lost all their files? Unfortunately, yes.
People tend not to use desktop backup solutions because they don’t see an immediate need. It’s like selling life insurance to 20 year olds—mortality isn’t top of mind and planning for it simply doesn’t register with them. So, while World Backup Day may sound silly, the fact is that protecting files is still a serious issue. According to the organization’s website (worldbackupday.com), 30% of people have never backed up their computers, 29% of disasters are caused by accident, and 113 phones are lost or stolen every minute. And even if users are backing up their computers regularly, traditional solutions only run once a day, which means that 23 hours and 59 minutes of hard work could be lost in one fell swoop.
And guess what? Things just got more complicated now that we’re all going mobile (or Going Lite!). Gone are the days when people only edited files on their desktops. In the old world scenario, you could get by with a single point of protection. But today, when files are edited anytime and on any device, you have to worry about more than desktops crashing—you need to worry about the security, availability, and synchronization of all files and devices.
So what should you do about it?
As much as we love to talk about our productivity benefits, the fact is that enterprises around the globe rely on Syncplicity by Axway to keep employees productive and files secure when devices are lost, stolen, or fail. Here’s why…
- Real-time synchronization. Don’t make users go out of their way to move files to a “magic folder” or online service. It doesn’t work because users won’t take the extra steps—they just want to hit “save” and move on to the next task. With Syncplicity by Axway, they can, and their files are immediately synchronized with your backend storage and with all their devices in real time.
- Adoption worries disappear. If people love something, they’ll use it. That’s why we’ve created apps featuring intuitive and addictive UIs. Our unique design makes it easy to navigate through deep folder and file structures, and to view, share, and even edit documents in-app. Intuitive, easy, and addictive.
- Real-time file protection on all user devices (not just the desktop). Documents are protected in real-time no matter where (or by whom) they are edited using our secure mobile editing feature.
- Protect users from themselves. Real-time automatic versioning protects users from the errant “save” or misguided set of edits. Need to restore one file instantly? It’s fast and easy. Users can do it themselves with just a few clicks.
- They won’t miss a beat. When Murphy strikes, you don’t have to step in and restore files. Users can just sign into their Syncplicity by Axway account from a loaner laptop or mobile device and start working again without missing a beat.
Laptops crash and burn. Mobile devices are lost and stolen. Files get corrupted and documents are overwritten. Your users may hope that these things don’t happen to them but, as Vince Lombardi said, “hope is not a strategy.” Not for your users and not for you. But don’t worry, if you’ve got Syncplicity by Axway, we’ve got your back—and theirs!
So, Happy World Backup Day everyone. And here’s to hoping the world doesn’t need to be reminded next year!
The Syncplicity by Axway Team
comments powered by