Today we are excited to announce the general availability of Syncplicity Panorama, a powerful new way to provide mobile access to content in multiple enterprise content sources, such as home directories, file shares, and Microsoft SharePoint.
Most large organizations have made massive investments in file shares and SharePoint servers, and enterprise users are demanding seamless, easy, and secure access to them.
Syncplicity Panorama allows enterprises to have their cake and eat it too — it is a bridge to the future. It delivers seamless mobile access to enterprise content across home directories, file shares, and SharePoint without requiring any data migration or change in authentication or permission configurations. Unlike other solutions, Syncplicity understands that organizations can’t simply migrate petabytes of content overnight.
From an end-user perspective, Syncplicity Panorama allows users to simply use the beautiful, efficient, and powerful Syncplicity mobile app to access content across different content sources and securely edit content from the mobile app itself.
The solution offers a number of key benefits that users love and IT embraces.
For end users:
• Mobile, VPN-less access to files in home directories, file shares, and SharePoint
• A built-in editor to edit MS Office files and annotate PDFs
• Ability to upload new content
• Native features such as SharePoint check-in/check-out capabilities
• Offline file access
• Access files without needing to constantly re-enter credentials
• No migration of files, permissions, or authentication required
• 3-tier architecture, which conforms to standards mandated by most CISOs
• Mobile administration and policies such as remote wipe, passcode enforcement, and “open-in” restrictions
Because no two organizations are alike, and no two business requirements are the same, EMC Syncplicity offers Syncplicity Panorama in two different packages to meet your organization’s evolving needs.
• Syncplicity Panorama for Network Shares (stand alone) delivers secure mobile VPN-less access to any CIFS/SMB storage without requiring a Syncplicity Enterprise Edition account. Users get mobile access to any CIFS/SMB file share they have been given access to by IT using Syncplicity’s industry-leading mobile experience. This includes file storage on non-EMC storage solutions.
• Syncplicity Panorama with Syncplicity Enterprise Edition adds mobile, VPN-less access to CIFS/SMB storage, and SharePoint 2010/2013 to Syncplicity Enterprise Edition, our industry-leading enterprise file sync and share solution.
But organizations don’t need to choose between these two options—we have made it simple to deploy Syncplicity Panorama for Network Shares and upgrade to Syncplicity Enterprise Edition later, with no impact on users or IT.
Pricing and Availability
Syncplicity Panorama for Network Shares is available immediately and is FREE to all EMC Customers through their EMC sales team.
Syncplicity Panorama is also available immediately and is automatically bundled with all Syncplicity Enterprise Edition accounts. It is not available to customers with Free, Personal, Business, and Department editions.
Users can currently access files via Syncplicity Panorama using Syncplicity’s iPad app, which is available free of charge from the Apple App Store. Support for Syncplicity iPhone, Android, and Windows 8/Windows Phone platforms will be available soon.
To learn more about Syncplicity Panorama for Network Shares and Syncplicity Panorama with Syncplicity Enterprise Edition, check out the latest Syncplicity videos.comments powered by Disqus