August 29, 2013 | by Syncplicity by Axway Team
Syncplicity by Axway Introduces New Windows Client
Today we are releasing the most significant update to the Syncplicity by Axway’s Windows Client in many years.
We are as passionate about creating beautiful user experiences as we are about IT security and control. Over the past year, every new app we’ve introduced has included significant UI and design enhancements. Our passion for creating beautiful app experiences has been confirmed by a 5-star rating and great reviews in the Windows marketplace for our Windows 8 app. The new Windows client is no exception, and introduces a cleaner look and more elegant design.
But beauty is not just skin deep— we’ve completely re-thought numerous aspects of our user experience and streamlined many key use cases. All without diverging from our core belief that users need access to all of their files, on all of their devices, without any extra steps.
With these new enhancements, users will have unprecedented ease in syncing all the files they need but with increased ease of use and control.
Work Smarter and Faster
The new design is not just pleasing on the eyes, but will make you more productive.
Get Easier Access to Files No Matter Where they Reside
The new Windows Client gives you unprecedented access to folders in your account, not matter where they reside.
- View all of the folders in your account, including all of the folders not synced to your local computer. This makes it easier for you to create or archive folders without syncing them to your computer. For example, if you use multiple folders to edit large videos, you might only want one folder synced to your local computer, but still want to retain the other folders in the cloud for future access. The new Syncplicity by Axway client makes this easy.
- Easily Sync or Remove folders. Simply click on a folder and you’ll have the option to sync it to your local computer, stop syncing, or delete the folder from Syncplicity by Axway.
- Sort folders any way you like. Typical Syncplicity by Axway users have access to a lot of folders. You can now sort them based on whether they are on your local computer or in the cloud, private or shared, or by who owns the folder.
- Launch folders no matter where they reside. Open a folder wherever it resides on your local computer or launch the Online File Browser to access a folder that is only in the cloud.
- Instantly see folder privileges. You’ll see whether you have owner, editor, or reader rights on each folder so there is never any doubt what you have the rights to do with files.
Get More Control
The new Windows Client makes it easier for users to fine tune performance and determine what files should be synced. And we’ve made it easier for IT to deploy and train users at scale.
- Manage Bandwidth Usage. You can more easily determine how much (or little) network bandwidth the Windows Client will consume during the sync process.
- See Storage Quota. You can now see how much storage you are utilizing and how much you have available.
- Manage Excluded File Types. You can now include or exclude different file types from syncing with a simple user interface.
- New Tutorial. We’ve made it easier for new users to understand key features.
- Easy to unlink. You can now remove a computer from your account from the Windows Client, without having to go to account settings on the web.
What’s coming soon?
Recently we launched the secure shared links feature that allows end-users and IT to send files with advanced security options, including password protection, named recipient access, and file link expiration. We will be soon adding secure shared links to the desktop clients.
comments powered by