We are excited to announce that we have started to make the Syncplicity by Axway Connector for SharePoint available to qualified Syncplicity by Axway Enterprise Edition customers. As part of an early availability program we will work with interested customers to get them deployed, prior to wide-scale availability. Since this was one of the most requested capabilities we are happy to deliver it to our users. The fact that it is part of a broader “No Silos” vision makes it truly strategic for our customers.
Neither IT nor users want app proliferation, disjointed experiences, or bad UXs across their enterprise content. “No Silos” is our vision of delivering a Gold Standard mobile UX for all enterprise content with ONE app. This is the Power of One.
All enterprise content includes data and documents on user devices and end points, content stores like SharePoint, Home Directories, File Shares, Documentum, and other ECM apps.
We have described our vision of integrating with external content stores and design principles that we apply in order to deliver on our vision here. We have also provided details of integration with Documentum earlier this year here.
Specifically, Syncplicity by Axway Connector for SharePoint provides mobile access for SharePoint 2010 content, which is our top priority due to the fact that it is the most widely deployed version and has more than 60% market share. The access to this content is supported on Android devices and iPad and will be extended to iPhone later this year.
The things that users and IT will find valuable are:
• The same Syncplicity by Axway app with a delightful UX
• Guaranteed content integrity due to native integration
• Check-in/check-out support
• Mobile editing built into the app with controls to allow offline access and edits
• N-tier security architecture that conforms to standards mandated by most CISOs
• Secure credentials that ensure SharePoint credentials cannot be retrieved from the device
• SharePoint content not copied or stored in the Cloud
• Syncplicity by Axway device policies that augment SharePoint permissions to provide capabilities such as Remote Wipe, PIN Code restrictions, and restricting files from leaking outside the secure app container
We are excited about where we want to take this vision both in terms of breadth and depth. You can expect that our integration with each content repository will become deeper, and will drive even greater value for your users as we expand our footprint to other repositories. We will continue to build on the foundation of native UX excellence on every major mobile platform.
To learn more read our “No Silos” strategy primer.comments powered by Disqus