Syncplicity has redefined what it means to safely share files and collaborate in today’s digital workplace, with secure storage of unstructured data on premises or in the public or private cloud, access to files anytime on any device, secure external file sharing, ransomware protection, and total IT control. Using the Syncplicity APIs, you can extend these capabilities to your existing applications, or leverage them to create completely new custom applications.
What Syncplicity APIs mean for developers
Syncplicity offers a developer portal for Enterprise Edition (EE) account users to create new apps using the APIs, test the APIs using interactive documentation, then deploy and monitor the applications.
A rich set of Syncplicity APIs lets developers write code to:
- Manage users, groups and group memberships
- Manage folders, upload and download files, and share folders and files
- Search for content, tag files and folders, and rename files and folders
- Manage policies and devices
- Manage content subject to legal hold by eDiscovery administrators
What Syncplicity APIs mean for customers
Using Syncplicity APIs, customers and their partners can extend the value of Syncplicity right out of the box with pre-built integrations, add Syncplicity content services into their existing applications or build new applications to meet the unique needs of the business owners.
Out of the box integrations
Pre-built, out of the box integrations are provided by Syncplicity or partners to integrate Syncplicity with existing solutions and allow end-users to:
- Access Syncplicity content and functionality from within a number of 3rd party applications (Microsoft Teams, Adobe Sign, Outlook, Jira, Confluence, etc…)
- Provide additional features (such as electronic signature) within Syncplicity itself
Custom integrations can be built by customers to increase the value of Syncplicity by providing the specific customized functionality they require. This allows:
- Content access via the API: Syncplicity functionality for storing, managing and sharing content and folders can be integrated into other existing applications.
- Automation of administrative tasks: administrative tasks such as the management of users or devices can be automated and integrated into existing account provisioning solutions.
- Creation of project or customer specific environments: automatically and quickly create the folder structure with correct permissions for new projects or customers.
- Customized reporting: access the information required by customers for their own reporting needs (e.g. reporting on all shared folders for end-users, etc.).
- Real time notification for administrators or end-users when specific actions occur within Syncplicity.
- Manage content in Syncplicity subject to legal hold, by an eDiscovery administrator
Complete new applications can be created by customers or partners to provide interaction with employees, customers and partners:
- Customer portal: external parties such as consumer customers can access files via a customer portal, accessing documents stored and managed in Syncplicity.
- Custom mobile application requiring Cloud storage to save or retrieve photos or documents.
- Content submission web page or application, allowing external parties such to submit documents or images to be used within the company.
Who’s using Syncplicity APIs?
- Large auto manufacturer
- Financial institution
- European government agency